On June 15, 2021, a national panel of speakers from Advocates for Employers of Canada (AEC) held an informative webinar for In-house counsel, human resources and labour relations professionals on the latest case law developments, practical tips, and strategies to address common contractual issues. Topics included:
- Termination provisions: is it possible to limit an employee’s entitlements to the minimums prescribed by legislation?
- Fixed-term agreements: are time-limited contracts ever a good idea?
- Incentives and bonuses: will an employee be entitled to these forms of compensation post-termination?
- Restrictive covenants: just how restrictive can they be?
- Amending an agreement: can terms and conditions of employment be revised after a contract is in place?
- The COVID effect: how has the ongoing pandemic changed the drafting of employment agreements?
Jacques Provencher – LeCorre Lawyers (Québec)
Casey Dockendorff – Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP (Ontario)
Vicki Giles – McLennan Ross LLP (Alberta, Northwest Territories)
Dean Crawford, K.C. – Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP (British Columbia)
Melissa Beaumont – Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP (Manitoba, Saskatchewan)
Geoff Breen – Cox & Palmer (Atlantic Provinces)
AEC Webinar – Employment Contracts: What Canadian Employers Need to Know from FWTA LLP on Vimeo.
Stay Current on Topics that Affect Canadian Employers and Workplaces
AEC member firms publish regular articles and newsletters, as well as host interactive seminars and webinars on issues affecting Canadian workplaces. Please click on any of the links below to get the latest legal updates in all jurisdictions in which your business operates: